Sunday, June 28, 2009

Rainy Ribs


We've had a ton of rain in New York.  And by a ton, I mean pretty much a rain shower a day.
When the sun does come out, I'm usually at work and unable to bask in it's light and warmth.
I'm ready for summer with a little less rain.
So, I made ribs.  Because in my mind, ribs equal a beautiful, rainless day.
 I made these ribs in the oven, because I live in New York with no outdoor space.  I feel like I should throw that out there as much as possible.
If you have outdoor space and a grill, I bet these would taste just as good.
But I should warn you, these ribs didn't make the rain stop, but they were absolutely delicious.

What you need:
2 lbs ribs
3 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon thyme
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon salt
1/2 tablespoon ground pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil

How you do it:
Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
Combine dry ingredients into a bowl that can fit a rib lengthwise. Cover each rib into the dry ingredients and make sure each side is coated, knocking off any extra seasoning.  Rub the olive oil over the ribs.  Place ribs in a baking pan with sides, I covered mine with tinfoil for an easy clean up.  Cook in the over for about 90 minutes or until ribs are tender.  No sauce is required.  Serves two or three people.

I served mine with this corn and cheesy mashed potatoes.
I started with this recipe: http://tinyurl.com/l6wwde

No comments:

Post a Comment