Wednesday, June 10, 2009

More Mojito!

Amy and I went out for Thai food and ordered their version of a mojito.  It was pretty much perfect.  Except they cost $9.  Who wants to pay $9 for a drink in a tumbler glass?  Not I.  
So I googled "mojito" and came across several recipes.  I won't list them here, because...well they were terrible.  Like really terrible.  So I experimented and came up with a version that tastes pretty darn good.
What you'll need:
2 oz simple syrup
3 oz limeade
2 oz lime extract (or fresh lime)
10 mint leaves 
4 oz rum
2 oz club soda

How you do it:
Pour simple syrup, lime aide, lime extract, and 6 of the mint leaves into a shaker filled with ice.  Shake the ingredients until mixed together.  
Add 4 crushed mint leaves to a glass, add the club soda and the mixed ingredients.  Enjoy!

Gather friends, find a view (like the East River at sunset) and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment