Sunday, June 7, 2009

Kitchen Fires Make Me Crave Pork Chops...

I love pork chops.
I haven't thought about them in a long time.
Actually, It's been about 5 years since I've had a pork chop.
I think I almost forgot about how much I love pork chops, but then my roommate set the kitchen on fire.
Well, not the kitchen...but the oven. You can read about it here.
The fire incident led to us finding this video.
(Note that this video uses some profane language...it's rated R.)
So, I watched that video, laughed and then wanted a pork chop real bad. I emailed my dad, got the recipe and made pork chops!

Nick Bova's Recipe:
What you'll need:
2 pork chops
2 potatoes
1 large onion
3 Tbs oil (approx)
Worcestershire Sauce

How you do it:
1. Slice onions and potatoes.
2. Put enough oil in a frying pan to cover the bottom, i.e. around 3 Tbs.
3. Brown the pork chops on one side, around 5 minutes.
4. Turn the chops over and start layering the onions and potatoes. One layer potatoes, one layer onions and then cover the surface with the Worcestershire and salt and pepper to taste. Repeat for 2 or third layer.
5. Cover the pan and reduce to a low simmer for an hour, turning after 30 minutes. Cook until tender.

Notes: The pork chops brown up and get very tender on the bottom of the pan. Try not to turn too much; it breaks up the potatoes. If you get too much liquid in the pan, open a vent or move the lid slightly ajar. You can remove the lid for the last 5 minutes or so to evaporate any liquid.

Realizing how easy this dish was to make, I'm never going to go 5 years without eating pork chops again...and neither should you. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment