Sunday, May 17, 2009

Margarita Steak

My mom and I were talking the other day about steak marinades. Well maybe that's not true, I think we might have been talking about margaritas.
Actually, I don't really remember what we were talking about. But whatever the conversation was, it left us wondering what a margarita marinated steak would taste like.
So I experimented. And it tastes pretty good! Next time, I'd slice the steak, mix it with some tortilla chips, cheese and guac and make Margarita Steak Nachos. Just thinking about the improvements makes me want to make it again!
What you'll need:
1 plastic bag that seals
1 steak
1/2 a lime
1 oz tequila
1 oz triple sec
salt

Suggested:
oil
tortilla chips
shredded cheese
guacamole
salsa

Place steak in plastic bag. Squeeze 1/2 lime into bag, add tequila, triple sec and salt. Let it marinate for at least an hour but up to 24 hours.

Remove steak from bag and cook as you would normally cook your steaks. I cooked mine on the stove. I used a hot pan with a little bit of oil, cooking each side for about 4 minutes, until it was done to my liking--medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment