Sunday, April 19, 2009

Saturday Pizza Day

There is something so pleasant about smelling a homemade pizza in the oven, or in my case a “home-assembled” pizza. I’ll admit I’ve been slightly obsessed with them lately, and not just for the smell.

I’ve never tried making my own dough. There is something about yeast that I find slightly intimidating. I need to find a knowledgeable yeast person to show me how it’s done. Now, sauce is something I know how to make. If you are from or around the St. Louis, MO area, you have to try this. This sauce tastes exactly like Imo’s. If you’re not from the STL area, you should still try it. Although, it’s been said that you either love or hate Imo’s and most non-St. Louians hate it.

But back today and my kitchen in New York and my home-assembled pizza, I was so lazy I bought bagged cheese. The pepperonis came from a bag too. The mushrooms were pre-sliced and pre-washed. The olives came from a can. But they weren’t pitted. I cut them off the pit myself. Does that give me any sort of redemption?

There is a lesson here somewhere. Maybe it took me around the same time to assemble this pizza as it would to order one. I’d also like to think that mine was lower in calories; I mean I did de-pit the olives.


No comments:

Post a Comment