Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Holy Grail of Cookies


I wanted to like these cookies. I really did. I spent a week talking about them. I got up early on Sunday to make them. I lovingly mixed and stirred and covered them. I gave them prime real-estate in my refrigerator (and with 4 other roommates, that saying a lot). I waited 33 hours to bake them. And I didn’t find them amazing. I’m not saying that I didn’t like them; as far as a cookie goes they are just fine. Maybe, it was all the hype surrounding them. Maybe I built them up so much in my head that this was the Holy Grail of all chocolate chip cookie recipes.

There could be other explanations though. I looked at two different grocery stores for cake flour and both stores were out of that particular flour. This nice woman in the flour aisle told me that all-purpose flour was the same thing. I think she lied. Can I blame her for me not liking the Holy Grail of cookies? No, that wouldn’t really be fair…but it could be fun…

I also don’t have a dough hook…or a real mixer. It makes me sad. Could that have been the real reason? Or maybe it could be the fact that I used square 60% caco instead of disks.


Or maybe, just maybe, it could be that I’m just not a gourmet cookie kind of girl.

For recipe please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment