Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It’s Duncan Hines…and I Helped


So, it seems that everyone in my apartment had a birthday in April.  Well except for one…but one out of five isn’t bad. 

My roommate Amy decided that she was going to make cupcake ice cream cones...and I helped!  Apparently, they are super popular (and later we even found the recipe on the side of the cone box), but I had never heard of them.  Amy actually had real-life experience with these majestic treats, she remembers them all the way back to her snack time at school.  I only got regular cupcakes...I feel like a missed a major part of the cupcake experience. 

Amy read that you ready the cupcakes like normal, pour the batter into the cupcake papers and then push the cones, upside down into the cupcake tray.  The cupcakes will grow into the cone. 

I googled these wonderful things and read that you put the cones upright in a baking dish and poured a cake mix into the cones and baked them for the suggest amount of time, testing with a toothpick. (not pictured)

Both ways worked out well.  I think if I were to do it again, I’d do them all upright pouring the batter into the cone.  They didn’t rise above the top, but with a little bit of icing and a small scoop of ice cream, they were fabulous!  Or I could just add more batter.  If you’re a big fan of the cone, the upside down method works too!  More cupcake upfront and the crunchy, cone for last.


No comments:

Post a Comment