Thursday, July 16, 2009

Did I Say I Liked Bruschetta?

Um, I mentioned in my last post that I'm in love with bruschetta, right?
Well, this dish helped solidify that love.
It was so good, so very good.  My roommate had to ask me to stop talking about it.
Golly, it was good!
And it was easy. And it warmed up really well. And it's something you should make right now.
What you'll need*:
4 thin chicken breasts
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 egg
1/4 cup shredded parmesan or mozzarella
salt and pepper to taste

How you do it:
Preheat the oven to 375. 
Put the flour, bread crumbs and egg into separate bowls. Season each chicken breast with the salt and pepper.  Dip each breast into the flour, then the egg and then into the bread crumbs. I placed them on a tinfoil lined pan, for easy cleaning.  Add cheese to the top of the chicken breasts.  Cover pan in tinfoil and cook for 20 minutes.  Uncover and add the bruschetta. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
 
Serve it up with a yummy salad and fresh bread!
*Recipe is adapted from The Taste of Home Cook Book

No comments:

Post a Comment